Master of Science in Infection Prevention and Epidemiology
The Application Period for a
Start Date of August 2017 is Now Open!
Application Period: February 1, 2017 – June 30, 2017.
Program FAQ Document
Program Learning Outcomes
IPE Prerequisite Courses
Financial Aid FAQ Document
- Completed BA or BS degree
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater for a BA/BS degree
- Any applicant who does not have a GPA on their transcript must complete the GRE
- College transcripts that verify your completed degree program
- All foreign transcripts must be submitted with an official transcript interpretation http://naces.org/
- Completion of the 3 prerequisite courses:
- Microbiology (4 credits)
- Anatomy & Physiology (8 credits)
- 2 Anatomy & Physiology courses or
- 1 Anatomy and 1 Physiology course taken separately
- Introduction to Statistics (3 credits)
Applying to the Program
- Program Application: Applicants must complete an online graduate application.
- Application Fee: Applicants are required to pay a $50 application fee. Applicants pay this fee from the UGF website at www.ugf.edu.
- Click Make a Payment on the right hand side.
- Enter your name.
- Select Application Fee from the Payment Allocation drop down box.
- Enter $50.00 as the Payment Amount
- Select your Payment Option
- Follow the prompts to finish your payment
- Official Transcripts: Applicants must submit official transcripts to UGF verifying a completed bachelor’s degree. UGF requires transcripts from all institutions attended while working toward the completed bachelor's degree and completion of prerequisite courses.
- Personal Essay: Applicants will be required to answer an essay question in one page on the application.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume: Applicants are required to email their CV or resume to: email@example.com
- Part-time Student
- Complete one on-line course every eight weeks
- Short break between courses
- One initial face-to-face orientation is required for all students at the beginning of the program
- First cohort begins August 28, 2017 and finishes on June 14, 2019
- Second cohort expected to begin January 2018
All students will be required to attend a face-to-face program orientation.
August 2017 Orientation details:
- The face-to-face orientation is scheduled August 17 - 18, 2017
- Location: The Grotto, 8840 NE Skidmore Street, Portland, OR 97220
- Start date & time: Thursday, August 17th at 9:00am
- End date & time: Friday, August 18th at 12:00pm
- Students are responsible for the following expenses:
- Transportation to/from Orientation
- Dinner each night (breakfast & lunch will be provided by the program)
Providence St. Joseph Health and Partners caregivers are eligible for a 50% tuition discount via the University of Great Falls. The graduate tuition rate is $815/course credit ($2445/course). The 50% tuition discount equates to $407.5/course credit or $1,222.50 per course. Financial aid will be available to qualified applicants. Non-Providence students will pay the graduate tuition rate of $815/credit.
*This information is based on the graduate tuition rate for the 2017-2018 school year. Tuition rates are subject to change.
Providence St. Joseph Health and Partners Caregiver Discount
- All full-time employees of Providence St. Joseph Health and Partners caregivers, their spouses or significant other, and dependents are eligible for a 50% reduction of tuition charges for classes at the University of Great Falls. Dependents are defined following IRS regulations.
- For on-campus undergraduate students, the scholarship may be stacked with other institutional aid up to the annual scholarship cap.
- Employees must complete the Providence St. Joseph Health Tuition Discount Application each term.
- Both undergraduate and graduate programs are eligible for scholarship, including part-time students.
- Campus students and distance students are eligible.
- This excludes students in RN to BSN program and the AHI Certificate Program as these programs fall under a different discount program.
Senior Project Manager: Nursing and Health