The Core at the University of Great Falls promotes the High Standards of the Catholic Intellectual Tradition. It is designed to assist students in exploring the following key concepts:
1. The ability and habit of critical thinking
2. The importance of creative expression
3. The interconnectedness of all knowledge
4. A sense of community and civic responsibility
5. The acquisition of the content and methodology of the major areas of knowledge – the humanities and the fine arts, the natural sciences, mathematics, and the social sciences.
6. The importance of spiritual and ethical values
7. An exploration of key questions, central to human growth and development:
· What does it mean to be human?
· What is Truth?
· What is the Common Good?
This document will show students which UGF courses will fulfill the four focus areas of the ELA.