Trio Student Support Services is a federally funded program that was designed with students in mind. The goal of Student Support Services (SSS) is to increase college retention and graduation rates.
What should students expect?
• Academic Assistance: provides a comprehensive educational support plan
• Professional and Peer Tutoring: tutors who will provide additional instructions
• Peer Mentoring: assistance with transitioning from high school to college and beyond
• Financial Aid Counseling: FASFA application assistance and scholarship information
• Career Counseling: provides resume writing and job searching skills
• Cultural Enrichment: campus sponsored events, community concerts, symphony, museums,
POW WOW and other events
• Computerized Assessments: Learning Style, and Personality Type
• Workshops: provide study skills tips and academic development
• Disability Services: provide note-takers, books-on-CD, extended test-taking time in a quiet setting,
sign language interpreter, and assistive technology (for students with a documented disability)
• Other Services: computer assistance, leadership opportunities, and supplement grant aid
What students should apply?
• All Upward Bound and Educational Talent Search Students
• Income eligible students (according to federal guidelines)
• First Generation College Students (primary care provider did not graduate from a 4-year institution)
• Students with a documented disability
How can students apply?
• Stop by the Center for Academic Excellence, located on the first floor of Sullivan Hall
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone us at (406) 791-5213