Trio Student Support Services is a federally funded program that was designed with you in mind. The goal of Student Support Services (SSS) is to increase college retention and graduation rates.
What should students expect?
• Academic Assistance: provides a comprehensive educational support plan.
• Professional and Peer Tutoring: tutors that will provide additional instructions.
• Peer Mentoring: assistance with transitioning from high school to college and beyond.
• Financial Aid Counseling: FASFA application assistance and scholarship information.
• Career Counseling: provides resume’ writing and job searching skills.
• Cultural Enrichment: campus sponsored events, community concerts, symphony, museums,
POW WOW and other events.
• Computerized Assessments: ACT Compass Placement Test, Learning Style, and Personality Type
• Workshops: provides study skills tips and academic development.
• Disability Services: provides note-takers, books-on-CD, extended test-taking time in a quiet setting,
sign language interpreter, and assistive technology (for students with a documented disability).
• Other Services: computer assistance, leadership opportunities, and supplement grant aid.
What students should apply?
• All Upward Bound and Educational Talent Search Students, or
• Low income students (according to federal guidelines), or
• First Generation College Students (primary care provider did not graduate from a 4-year institution), or
• Students with a documented disability.
How can students apply?
• Stop by the Center for Academic Excellence, located on the first floor of Sullivan Hall, or
• Email us at email@example.com, or
• Contact us at (406) 791-5213.