Please submit the following items to complete your application for graduate studies. Please note that not all items may apply to the program you are applying to. For questions contact Denise Ostberg, Graduate Admission Counselor, at 406.868.1933 or email@example.com.
- Submit Graduate Application here. You will create an account and then select the Graduate Application.
- Application Fee
- There is $50 graduate application fee. That is payable to the UGF Business Office at 406.791.5245
- Request that each college or university you have attended send an official transcript directly to the Admission Office
- Only required for students in on campus programs. Not required for distance learning students.
- Recommendations (3)
- Request that three person who know your academic or professional qualifications complete the Graduate Recommendation Form (or submit a reference letter). These can be submitted directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Test Scores
- If your cumulative undergraduate GPA is less than 3.0 you will need to submit scores from the Graduate record Examination (GRE). Score requirements are 150 Verbal Reasoning, 149 Quantative Reasoning, and 3 Writing.
- If you cumulative undergraduate GPA is above a 3.0 there is no need to submite GRE scores.
- Personal Statement
- Submit a personal statement outlining your professional goals and objectives. Statement should not exceed three typed, standard size, double spaced pages. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com as an attachment. Please include your name on the attached document.
- Statement of Purpose (Counseling applicants only)
- • All candidates for the Master of Science in Counseling program should also submit a Statement of Purpose, which addresses:
- The applicant’s interest in graduate counseling studies in relation to the applicant’s desire to become a counselor. This should include why the University of Great Falls MSC program is suitable for the applicant.
- An assessment of the applicant’s personal and professional strengths and experiences, which would contribute to success in gaining a graduate counseling degree.
All documents can be mailed to:
University of Great Falls
1301 20th Street South
Great Falls, MT 59405
For questions please contact:
Graduate Admission Coordinator
All candidates for the Master of Science in Counseling, Graduate Certificate in Addictions program should be aware that licensure or certification requirements vary greatly from state to state. It is the responsibility of the applicant to determine prior to applying to the College of Graduate Studies whether or not he/she is eligible for licensure in a given state. That can be accomplished by contacting the appropriate state licensing agency.
The University accepts applications at anytime; however, all applicants must apply at least six weeks prior to the first day of classes for the term in which they intend to enroll. All required documents must be submitted before a student can be fully admitted. Financial aid cannot be granted until a student has been admitted. Contact the Office of Admission (406.791.5202 or 800.856.9544) for additional admission information.
A student in good standing, returning after an absence of at least one semester, excluding summer term, must submit a new application for admission. The one-time application fee will not be assessed a second time and no additional letters of recommendation will be required. A student who has attended any other school in the interim period must provide official transcripts from all colleges and/or universities.