graduate courses for undergraduates

Enrolling in Graduate Coursework by Undergraduate Students



Graduate Studies will allow advanced upper-division undergraduate students with the minimum of a 3.2 GPA to enroll in graduate level courses, provided that the following stipulations have been met.
The student must:

  1. Have an undergraduate application on file with the Registrar’s Office.
  2. Obtain a graduation audit letter, signed by the Registrar, verifying that the student is within six (6) hours of receiving a baccalaureate degree.
  3. Submit to Graduate Studies a copy of his or her course schedule from the Registrar’s Office verifying enrollment in the final courses needed to meet graduation requirements.
  4. Complete and submit the Graduate Studies application. Financial aid cannot be awarded for any graduate level coursework if a student has not been granted a baccalaureate degree, unless the graduate credit is counted toward completion of a baccalaureate degree. Graduate level coursework may not be counted toward the completion of a baccalaureate degree unless a petition has been completed and filed with the Registrar’s Office. Completion of graduate level coursework does not guarantee admission to a graduate program.



 University of Great Falls | 1301 20th Street South, Great Falls, Montana 59405 | 800-856-9544 | Contact