The University of Great Falls is committed to providing an affordable, private college experience of exceptional value. A variety of scholarships recognizing academic achievement and talent are available. Individual family circumstances will be considered to create a customized financial assistance package, which will include any federal grants or loans for which students may be eligible.
Academic Merit Scholarships
These awards range from $4000 to $9500; transfer students may be awarded $4800 to $7500. Students are automatically considered for these scholarships as part of the admission process and are notified of their award level as part of acceptance to the University. Awards are renewable each year through graduation as long as full time status and satisfactory academic progress are maintained.
Competitive Academic Awards
UGF Scholars and Catholic High School Scholars may be awarded $15,000 to full tuition. Separate application is required and includes an essay and campus interview. Full time enrollment, participation in campus activities, on-campus residency and satisfactory academic progress are required to maintain the award through graduation.
Eligibility: Students with GPA of 3.5 or better, or an ACT composite score of 25 or better or SAT combined Critical Reading, Math and Writing score of 1680 or better may apply.
Deadline: January 24, 2014, with interviews held throughout February 2014.
Catholic High School Scholarship application form 2014-2015.pdf
University of Great Falls Scholar application form 2014-2015.pdf
In addition to academic scholarships, the University of Great Falls has several scholarships to recognize students for selected activities and interests, including music, performing arts, speech and debate. You may qualify for up to $3000. Participation in the corresponding extra-curricular activity is required.
- Great for Great Falls … and Montana: $1500 scholarship awarded to full time students who graduated from a Montana high school and are 24 or younger.
- Courage Awards: up to $2000 based on EFC (Expected Family Contribution) as calculated through the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid.) This award requires participation in campus organizations.
- Discovery Grant: $1000 scholarship awarded to out-of-state students residing on campus.
- Catholic Parish Scholarship: $1000 scholarship awarded to Catholic students with letter of recommendation from their home Parish.
- Distance Student Scholarship: $2500 for students with GPA of 3.0 or better enrolled in distance programs.
- Athletics: The University of Great Falls is a member of the Frontier Conference of the NAIA. More information about athletic scholarships is available by contacting the Athletic Department.
2014-2015 UGF Scholarships - Applications DUE FEBRUARY 28, 2014
The University of Great Falls has additional scholarships for incoming and continuing UGF students. These scholarship funds are provided by many wonderful donors. To be considered for these Fall 2014 Scholarships please apply online here by February 28, 2014.