veteran benefits


Who may be eligible to receive VA Benefits?
Students who are veterans of military services or active members of the guard or reserve may be eligible for Veterans’ Educational Benefits such as the Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill-Selected Reserve, or Reserve Educational Assistance Program.
Dependents or spouses of veterans disabled or deceased as a result of a service related injury may be eligible for dependents educational benefits known as Survivor’s and Dependent’s Assistance.
Other educational benefits are extended to veterans using vocational rehabilitation.

For more information on Veteran’s Affairs education benefit programs and eligibility requirements visit the GI Bill Website


Steps to using your VA Education Benefits:
1.     If you are eligible for VA education benefits, you will need to complete and submit an application (VA form 22-1990) to the regional Veterans Administration Office. Begin the application process on the GI Bill Website.
2.     After submitting the application, you will receive written notification explaining the VA's decision regarding your eligibility for the benefit program you applied for. If you are eligible, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) that specifies your eligible program, benefit rate, and length of eligibility. Once you receive your COE and are deemed eligible, you will need to submit a copy of your COE to the Financial Aid Office.
3.     Once you are enrolled at the University of Great Falls, a VA Certification Application must be completed and turned in each semester the recipients wish to use their VA education benefits. Benefits will not pay unless this form is completed each semester. This form can be found at the financial aid office and on our website.
Important Information for Transfer Students

If you have used your VA education benefits at another school, you must complete VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training).  This gives the VA the information of your transferring to the University of Great Falls so that your benefits will be sent to the correct school. This form can be completed on VONAPP


Click here for information on the Yellow Ribbon Program!


 University of Great Falls | 1301 20th Street South, Great Falls, Montana 59405 | 800-856-9544 | Contact